Philadelphia, 3 Definition(s)
love of a brother
brotherly love, a city of Lydia in Asia Minor, about 25 miles south-east of Sardis. It was the seat of one of the "seven churches" ( Revelation 3:7-12 ). It came into the possession of the Turks in A.D. 1392. It has several times been nearly destroyed by earthquakes. It is still a town of considerable size, called Allahshehr, "the city of God."
|· Kadesh Barne A Kadesh||
(Kadesh means holy ; it is the same word as the Arabic name of Jerusalem, el-Khu...
containing ten cities
(great ). A very strong place on the east of the Jordan, and the chief city of t...
|· Ramoth Gilead||
(heights of Gilead ), one of the great fastnesses on the east of jordan, and the...
Paul was an early Christian missionary (40's-50's ce) who preached conversion to...
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Frontpage 1
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Frontpage 3
- · A fragment of the Babylonian 'Dibbara' epic > Frontpage III
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Snares of Flattery
- · Aspects of Religious Belief and Practice in Babylonia and Assyria > Announcement
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > ... > Part III
- · Gospel of Thomas Commentary > The Twenty-four Prophets Of Israel
- · A fragment of the Babylonian 'Dibbara' epic > Chapter I
- · The civilization of Babylonia and Assyria > Preface
- · The Treatise on the Great Virtue of Wisdom, Volume V > Supplement To The Bibliography
- · The Ocean of Story Volume 5 > The Pañchatantra
- · The Ocean of Story Volume 5 > The Origin of the Story of Ghaṭa and Karpara
» Click here to see all 12 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.