'Five Eyes' belongs in these categories: Buddhism
1. human eye; 2. devine eye; 3.
dharma eye; 4. wisdom eye; 5. Buddha eye.
There are five kinds of eyes or vision
- human eye - it is our flesh eye, an organ to see an object with limitation, for instance, in darkness, with obstruction.
- devine eye - it can see in darkness and in distance, attainable by men in dhyana (concentration/meditation).
- wisdom eye - the eye of Arhat and Two Vehicles i.e. the sound hearers (Sravaka) and the Enlightened to Conditions (Praetyka Buddha). It can see the false and empty nature of all phenomena.
- dharma eye - the eye of Bodhisattva. It can see all the dharmas in the world and beyond the world.
- buddha eye - the eye of Buddha or omniscience. It can see all that four previous eyes can see.
Search found: 1535
related definition(s) for 'Five Eyes'
Below are the 15 most popular ones:
||5 kinds, s. cakkhu. - Visual organ, s. āyatana.
|· Five Precepts
||The precepts taken by lay Buddhists,
prohibiting i) killing,...
|· Five Dhyani Buddhas
||(Meditation Buddhas or Buddhas of Wisdom). Term coined by B....
|· Five Skandhas
Or Five Aggregates, that is, the five components of an in...
|· Five Bhikkhus
||The first five of Buddhas converts:
Ajnata Kaundinya, Asvaji...
|· Five Hindrances
||Mental and emotional obstacles that must be removed in order...
|· Five Desires
||Desires connected with the five
senses, i.e., form, sound, a...
|· Five Offenses
||The five rebellious acts or deadly sins:
|· Five Colors
||one often comes across references to five colors (pancha var...
|· Five Vehicles
||Pancayana in Sanskrit. The Five Vehicles conveying the karma...
|· Five Powers
||The Five Powers in Buddhism are faith, effort, mindfulness, ...
|· Devine Eye
||One of the Six Psychic Power and one of the Five Eyes. Unlim...
|· Five Motivations
||or the practice of dhutaygas, there do exist several kinds o...
|· Five Commandments
||See Five Precepts.
|· Five Messengers
||They are five messengers of Manjusri:
Search found: 1622
books containing 'Five Eyes'
Below are the most relevant:
» Click here
to see all 1622 search results in a detailed overview.
You have to be a member in order to post comments. Click here
to login or click here
to become a member.