Bell, 2 Definition(s)
The bells first mentioned in Scripture are the small golden bells attached to the hem of the high priest's ephod ( Exodus 28:33 Exodus 28:34 Exodus 28:35 ). The "bells of the horses" mentioned by ( Zechariah 14:20 ) were attached to the bridles or belts round the necks of horses trained for war, so as to accustom them to noise and tumult.
Vajrā (वज्रा) is another name for Balāka, which is a Sanskrit word referring ...
Ghaṇṭā (Bell) - Impermanence. The phenomenal world which is impermanent and e...
Kamsya is another important Misra Loha, an alloy of Copper and Tin known sinc...
1. Sankicca Thera He was born in a very eminent brahmin family of Savatthi. H...
Gala, (*gel to devour, to swallow=Lat. gula, Ohg. kela, cp. Sk. gala jalukā, and...
Cetiya, (nt.) (cp. from ci, to heap up, cp. citi, cināti) 1. a tumulus, sepulchr...
|· Citta Hevajra||
Citta Hevajra is one of the four forms of Hevajra (one of the main yidams, or...
One of the Twenty-eight Single Hands (hasta):—Padmakośa (lotus bud): th...
Vartaloha (‘alloy of four metals’) can be prepared by mixing loha...
the rendering of the Authorized Version of the Hebrew reem , a word which occurs...
|· Vitakka Vicāra||
'thought-conception and discursive thinking', (or 'applied and sustained thought...
Kiṅkaṇika, (m. nt.) (=kiṅkiṇika) a small bell J. IV, 362; VvA. 12. (Page 213)
The Royal Tooth (Rājadanta, राजदन्त) is the uvula. Siddhasiddhāntapaddhati 2....
Udara (उदर) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to “abdomen”, ...
|· High Priest||
The first distinct separation of Aaron to the office of the priesthood, which pr...
- · The Book of Good Counsels > ... > The Story of the Terrible Bell
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The story of Whittington
- · Folklore of the Santal Parganas > ... > The Jackal and the Leopards
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of King Olaf's Miracle
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Real Abode of Happiness
- · The Mahavamsa > The Five Kings
- · The Jhanas > ... > Sustained Thought (vicāra)
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of Harald
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of King Olaf
- · Village Folk-tales of Ceylon Volume 1 > ... > The Cat Who Guarded The Precepts
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Propitiation of malignant Planets
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of King Olaf's Miracles
- · Folklore of the Santal Parganas > ... > The Oilman’s Bullock
- · Heimskringla > ... > Murder Of Olaf's Court-men
- · Heimskringla > ... > Of King Olaf's Manner Of Living
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Gift making and Charity
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Govardhana
- · The Jataka, Volume III > No. 395.: Kāka-Jātaka.
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Sravana Dvadasi Vratas etc
- · The Scientific Outlook Of Buddhism > Introduction
» Click here to see all 161 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.